Thursday, June 16, 2011

Step Right Up Ladies and Gents

Here's a little photo shoot Mat and I did the other day did of a new bag in the line. The bags were in our possession exactly 2 hours, during which they had to be photographed, before they left us to go to the Steven Alan showroom. I thought the contact sheet looked cool so I screen captured it. These bags are majorly lovely and they are suede. 
A take off of our Simple Tote, it is slightly larger, with a shoulder strap, magnetic closure, and, did I mention it's made of suede? It'll come in killer colors - camel, tobacco, grey, royal, and purple. Boy do I wish we could have had them for longer at the studio.  They are available for Spring '12, crazy, I know, seems like forever away. I want one now.
Here's what it looks like on. This was after I was interviewed for a Singapore-based lifestyle blog. I'm wearing my Pour La Victoire shoes which apparently the journalist who interviewed me, Samantha, on left side of pic, bought as soon as she left.  Maybe she's buying them right at this instant on her phone. :)
The dress is Isabel Marant.
Also Isabel Marant are my striped, denim, cropped trousers.
While shopping for a HBT wedding outfit at Barney's, DKap and I had no luck finding outfits for the nuptials but we did find a few Isabel pieces. Including these pants and I had one of those experiences where when you're shopping at Barney's trying on Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Celine, getting used to those prices in and around the 1 to 2 grand range, that when you finally end up on the COOP floor and see prices like Isabel's you have the delusional feeling like, 'what a deal!' So I ended up with these pants and while I love them, I kinda feel like I have fashion victim written all over my face when I wear them. It doesn't help that when I asked Oscar, my seven year old son, whether he liked my new pants or not, he responded with all innocence and sweetness, "I do like your pants, mama. They look like you work in the circus." Oooh, Ouch. Circus Chic. Not. The Look. I was. Going. For...


10 comments:

melissa loves said...

I have been a fan of your work for awhile but, somehow just figured out you had a blog....and love hearing your sweet & fun voice behind it. You are most definitely NOT too old for that color ( and I don't even know how old you are) :) But, I love it! Your style is inspirational and I am now a fan of yours as well as your work! Have a great weekend!
xo
Melis

Megan Taylor said...

Circus chic just might be the new thing...Oscar may be on to something!!! xo

Elsie Lau said...

clare! you are one hot mama, circus pants or not! :) aaand such a tease! love the new (unavailable) bags! want.....

Sarah St Clair Renard said...

Oh my god, I almost fainted when I saw these bags just now! They are DIVINE!!! Come oooooon spring 2012! I want it now!! You're brilliant!

madilla said...

Well, if Reese can rock circus chic! :)

Deb Kaplan said...

I think you look delicious! If we dressed to please our first graders we'd be in ball gowns 24-7.

Jennifer said...

The new bags are so great!
Love the colors (they'd actually be wonderful for Fall, too).

I think you look awesome in the pants- you are probably just the exact type of woman IM has in mind when she designs :)

Nora said...

I thought only Kate Moss could pull off those amazing pants. You look even better in 'em.

jeana sohn said...

OMG. i need one of those bags! camel or blue? can't decide!

those pants look so great on you. oscar's cute. :)

Nomadic D. said...

Just had to say, I absolutely love those pants! And they look great on you, not circus-y at all.

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/